October 10, 2012

GoPro Hero 2 HD Camera Wi-Fi BacPac iPhone App


Welcome Screen
 I have just downloaded the recently released GoPro iPhone App that works with the GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac. I followed the instructions but as of this point, I have yet to make it work.

Step 1: Your GoPro Hero 2 HD Camera needs to have the latest software update. Note that this app (and new software release) will only work with the GoPro Hero 2 and not the first generation GoPro Hero camera. To download and install the latest software, you need to have the GoPro CineForm Studio program running in your computer (Mac or PC).

Step 2: You Wi-Fi BacPac and Remote will also need the latest software update.

Step 3: With your GoPro Hero 2 camera and Wi-Fi BackPack and Remote updated with the latest software, you can download the GoPro iPhone App.


Primary Screen: Scanning for Camera

Step 4: Before launching the app on your iPhone/iPad, and before you disconnect, make sure that you have setup your Wi-Fi BacPac with the password that you want.


Step 5: On your iPhone/iPad, under Settings, Wi-Fi, search for the GoPro camera from the list of WiFi networks (with the GoPro name that you set-up). Login with the password that you created.

Step 6: In your camera's Wi-Fi menu, set the Wi-Fi mode to Phone and Tablet.

Step 7: Launch the app on your iPhone/iPad and let it search for the Wi-Fi GoPro Hero 2 HD camera.




Step 8: I am stuck in this step and still figuring out how I can make the app find my GoPro Hero 2 HD camera.. I'll post an update once I get this to work.

Have fun!

Primary Screen: No Cameras Connected


1 comment:

  1. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? This Company

    ReplyDelete